Job Location - United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- South Yorkshire -- Royston
Job Type Permanent
Posted 13 February 2019
Subcontract Buyer - Main Contractor
Hertfordshire - £45k plus package
My client are a leading main contractor that have a sustained and prestigious pipeline of work across East Anglia, Essex and the Home Counties. They operate in the educational, healthcare, hospitality and research/scientific sectors and have a turnover of circa £80 million.
· Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development.
· Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for both material & subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions, material order negotiation and placement, maintaining of tracking documents, maintenance of purchasing database, continuous assessment of suppliers and subcontractors to pre-agreed KPIs.
· Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome.
· Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
· Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Value engineering and cost saving initiatives.
· Chairing regular procurement reviews with Project Team.
· Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
· Comparison and analysing tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
· Involvement in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction and commercial team members.
· Contract preparation and issuing.
· Educated to at least HNC/D Level in a construction discipline.
· Excellent communicator - both oral and written.
· Excellent IT skills - including use of procurement systems preferably COINS.
· Committed and pro-active with adherence to quality.
· Previous experience of sub-contract procurement.
· Previous people co-ordination experience.
· Previous experience of working for a main contractor.
· Professional membership within construction industry.
This is a great opportunity to join this professional and quality driven organisation. For more information and a confidential chat please contact Martin Lively on 07896 897730 or email email@example.com