Job Location - United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire -- Bradford
Job Type Permanent
Posted Thursday, April 18, 2019
SQL Database Administrator
£40,000 - £50,000
Interaction Recruitment are sourcing a SQL Database Administrator for a leading UK ecommerce business.
You will report directly to the IT Database Support Manager and will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining the database systems. You will be ensuring any inefficient practices are improved and working to a high quality. You will also be working with staff inside and out of the department to improve the service and deliver results.
The ideal candidate will come from a background of working with MS Windows and Linux server Operating Systems. You will have strong self-motivation and the drive to perform well and overcome any obstacles found.
· Experience working with SQL servers 2008 / 2012 / 2016 (ideally) and Powershell scripting
· Developed Data Analysis techniques and logical database design
· Previous experience working in a mainframe/distributed processing environment
· Able to work successfully with technical staff and user departments in IT
· Strong planning and organisational skills to enable successful database maintenance centred around business requirements
· Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining the database systems so they operate efficiently and effectively with strong security to meet business deadlines
· Implement, test and maintain Backup and Disaster Recovery processes so databases are successfully recovered to agreed levels
· Ensure deployed software has valid and up to date licensing recorded in the Software Audit Database
· Pull information from each database to create reports interpreting performance and growth trends, allowing recommendations to be made for improvement
· Keep up with technological developments in database systems, Business Intelligence, and the client arena and also the changing business levels to ensure the optimum performance is maintained
· If necessary, provide standby and callout support for operational systems
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org