Gatehouse Man DAY SHIFT (351054)
Gatehouse Man DAY SHIFT
£9.50 an hour
Purpose - You will be working as part of a small team within the depot to ensure safe access of all transport management to and from site.
You will control the flow traffic in and out of the Depot.
Assist in the off-hiring and Quality Inspecting of inbound and outbound units
• Issue security passes, check and issue PPE, and site health and safety inductions where appropriate
• Ensure any vehicle manoeuvres are safe and do not put anyone in danger
• Meet all site traffic at the front gate and direct them safely through the site Complete gate logs tracking all inbound and outbound movements
• Ensure prioritisation of deliveries where required
• Present a positive image of the company to all visitors and offer assistance at all times
• Liaise with site staff to plan ahead for the day’s delivery and despatch schedule
• General tidying and housekeeping duties
• Lock up the gate at the end of the day
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Job experience & skills requirements
Personal Characteristics • Ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team • Has a strong work ethic. • Flexible attitude to working. • Proactive. • Capable of working to and achieving set targets/deadlines. Work Experience/Qualifications required • Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules. • Slinger signaller experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given • Banksman experience/ certificate ideal but training will be given Willingness to work outside Assisting in other activities as required