Job Location - United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Hertfordshire -- Letchworth
Job Type Permanent
Posted 08 August 2018
Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £28000 - £35000 DOE
Our client is an expert in sensory, test and measurement equipment and they have a brand-new role to complement their service department. It is a very exciting role as, it is being created to bring new talent into the company that can be trained and developed in to either Technical Specialist or Service Management type role.
The Technical Support Engineer is a key point of contact for technical support and guidance on suitable products to meet end customer applications, supporting both Inside & External Sales on product selection / specification for quotations and orders. Responsible for delivering a world-class technical support service to all internal and external customers, the position is a proactive role with active follow up on key technical enquiries with the view to lead generation.
Technical Support Functions
· Support the external Sales Representatives on technical matters
· Assist the Internal departments in identifying the correct product being sought in quotation requests / orders; this will entail assistance in cost requests from management and defining the technical requirements for new items on system
· Respond to technical queries from end users and sales team.
· Advises/suggests best product application to meet customer needs.
· Support on tenders and framework agreements on all technical areas.
· On major projects review enquiries / tenders and on smaller projects mentor / provide support to Sales Manager by: - Reviewing the enquiry / tender / specifications & identify the correct product offering; provide any relevant qualifications required
· Provides technical input to all tender documentation, compliance / deviations from specifications
· Producing any relevant / necessary technical documentation to assist in winning the order.
· Initiates and plans technical review meetings prior to order processing, when necessary for clarification and communication of special order requirements.
· Coordinates customer inspection visits with Q.A. department, when required by customer.
· Participate actively in the Business System processes including problem solving, and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities.
· Assist in the resolution of customer concerns by using the QA investigation report into the product failure/concern and assist sales in communicating the findings to the end customer with the view to achieving a satisfactory resolution to the complaint at minimum expense to the business.
· To work with the management to identify training gaps with our sales teams (internal & external) on the product range.
· Support in the development and delivery of a training plan and suite of training modules that will give our channel partners the ability to develop value propositions that will give the business a competitive advantage.
· To provide ongoing technical training / mentoring of the sales team (internal and external) and channel partners with respect to their technical knowledge on the brand products, their installation, application and product failure investigation.
Please call Adam on 02476015218 for more information