Job Location - United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- Chessington
Job Type Permanent
Posted 07 December 2017
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Salary: £30420PA - 39hrs PW +overtime & time ½
Benefits: Pension, Health, Life Cover
Our Client is a leading worldwide Power Generation company are seeking a Mechanical Fitter to be part of the team in the machine shop based in Chessington. You would be part of the deliver of bespoke services for each job that comes in, overtime will probably be required.
The main part of the role is your knowledge of General mechanical fitting, bearing replacements, bearing clearances, as well as gear refurbishment or build from new and fit and wind motors. Some travel to customer sites will be required; however this is a workshop based role.
Responsibilities of the role
· Overhaul of AC 3 phase motors
· Overhaul of DC motors
· Overhaul of Pumps
· Overhaul of Gearboxes
· Overhaul of fan units
· must be able to work in both light and heavy engineering and be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and supporting documentation
· Good knowledge of precision fitting i.e. knows bearing types and bearing clearance
· Experience of lifting/slinging heavy loads
· Good understanding of basic fitting skills
· Time-served recognised apprenticeship or equivalent
· relevant educational or vocational qualifications i.e City & Guilds, NVQ
· to carry out the role safely and effectively
· must have qualifications/extensive experience in most Fitting disciplines.
· Technical experience relevant to the business i.e Maintenance, repair and rectification.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet challenging targets
· Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team
· Openly accepts change as the business continues to develop and evolve
· Understands the environment in which we operate
· Innovative approach to solving problems
· Effective written communications skills
Would ideally suit a person with a maintenance/repair/winding background, who also has experience of working in a precision fitting environment.