My client based in Stevenage is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant on a temporary basis. There is the potential for the role to go permanent.
· UK Intrastat, UK EU Sales reporting monthly.
· Checking and analysis of data
· Keeping up to date with tax changes
· Responsible for all EU VAT Registrations and submission of all EU VAT returns for multiple countries
· Preparation of UK VAT Return, including Reverse Charge calculations, Annual Adjustments and Capital Goods Scheme.
· Reconciliation the UK sales output reported to HMRC to the turnover reported in the financial accounts.
· Reconciliation of the EU & UK VAT general ledger accounts to Statutory Returns.
· Administering, processing & completing double tax & withholding tax forms including liaising with customers and HMRC.
· Assist with the preparation of the PAYE Settlement Agreement.
· Assist with the completion & submission of Tax Returns.
· Prepare month end journals & balance sheet reconciliations
· Preparation of schedules for the interim & year-end statutory audits.
· Monitoring & regulating the process for contra deals.
· Supporting the Financial Accountant in an advisory capacity for direct and indirect tax for the business. Assisting with furthering the understanding of VAT within through training and ensuring that procedures are documented properly.
· Ensuring that all tax payments/refunds for VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax, Royalty Tax etc are paid /refunded on a timely basis to/from the HMRC
· Ensure adherence to expense policies
· To provide cover for the Senior Financial Accountant when necessary
· You will be AAT qualified (or equivalent)
· You must have knowledge & experience at an operational level of UK & EU VAT, Corporation & Income Tax.
· Excellent communication skills, being able to communicate at all levels
· Good I.T. Skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
If you are interested in this position, then please register your interest today by submitting your CV.