My client is looking to recruit a SQL Server Database Administrator to join the growing IT Team.
Your main responsibilities:
· Take the lead in managing the stability, security, performance and reliability of the companys data.
· SQL monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning and high-availability strategies in a Windows/SQL Server 24/7 production environment.
· Develop, implement and maintain backup and recovery strategies.
· Provide expertise in T-SQL for SQL Server to the software development team.
· Develop, implement and monitor production loading processes with DTS.
· Plan hardware requirements and storage capacity for scalable database growth.
· Proactively monitor the production databases and work with 3rd party development teams to recommend performance increases.
· Administer, maintain, develop and recommend policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the companies databases.
· Ensure all database environments (Test, Training, Live) are in sync to keep track of database versions for all environments.
· Manage distributed data.
· Problem solving and issue resolution on production cluster databases.
· Identify and resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other distributed data issues.
You will need:
· Proven experience supporting, tuning and maintaining SQL Servers in a live environment.
· Experience with configuring SQL Servers for high availability (cluster design etc)
· Use of ETL tools like DTS
· Reporting and data analysis using tools like Query Analyser, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
· MCP Qualifications in SQL Server.
· Experience of SQL Server 2005
· Able to demonstrate a calm logical, procedural approach when dealing with highly pressured situations.
· Able to demonstrate desire to learn and share knowledge.
· Able to communicate well with both technical and business staff.
· Desire to build on knowledge of SQL 2005.