Corporate Services Audit Managager (314320)
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Suffolk -- Bury St Edmunds
13 June 2018
Our client is seeking an Audit Manager to join its well established audit team in Bury St Edmunds.
Their client portfolio includes large corporate businesses, academies and not for profit entities. They act for a number of East Anglias most significant businesses including many household names and also have other clients based locally, throughout the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the Corporate Services Group in Bury St Edmunds. In addition, they will be expected to participate in all stages of an audit from planning through to fieldwork and finalisation of the assignment for Partner review. As a senior member of the team, reporting directly to Partners, they will manage both a team of auditors alongside multiple engagements simultaneously whilst also taking a lead on client contact.
Skills and Experience required:
- You must be ICAEW/ACCA qualified or QBE, with a significant level of recent UK practice experience relevant to audit.
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate accounting and audit matters (eg UK GAAP, FRS102, IFRS) coupled with a proven ability to act as a technical resource and point of first reference for other team members.
- Good all-round knowledge of audit and accounting software packages. Familiarity with CCH software would be advantageous. Competent MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience of leading audit teams including training, mentoring, and supervising staff in their day to day work.
- Proven background in effectively managing a client portfolio. Competent WIP management and capable of achieving billing targets.
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines and delegating work effectively within a team.
- Good level of Corporate Tax experience: the ability to review draft Corporation Tax computations, and sufficient understanding to enable proactive dialogue with clients.
- An interest and/or previous involvement in business development activities such as tender processes and presentations. A willingness and capability to work with the partners to continue to raise the firms profile and attract additional clients. Ability to support and lead business development work and networking to develop a strong network of relationships.
- Articulate and confident communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, whilst capable of integrating well within a team environment.
- Flexible attitude: willing to work additional hours and/or across Ensors offices when required. Prepared to undertake some travel plus overnight stays away from home. You must hold a full UK driving licence with access to your own transport.
- A thorough, self motivated and tenacious approach to work, with an expert eye for detail.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Sector specialist experience in Charity SORP and Academy Direction accounting / auditing would be beneficial.
- Financial modelling / advanced excel training.
- Prior involvement in staff recruitment and induction.
- Previous experience of making presentations on technical matters.
- A focus on personal development and the development of others.
- Prior experience in tender processes/presentations, business development work and networking would be helpful.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria then please submit your CV for consideration, if you would like more information then please contact Chris Maurice on Chris.Maurice@interactionrecruitment.co.uk or via 07973 876394