QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER – TEXTILES
Our client exceeds their customer’s quality expectations and are looking for an experienced Textiles Quality Manager to join their hugely successful British brand at their site in Bradford.
All their stunning fabrics and yarns are assessed for risk and superb quality, whilst they strive to always meet performance requirements for their impressive International customers.
- Troubleshoot quality issues during production working with all stages of the internal technical teams to provide resolution on all garment, fabric and washed products to assure they are commercially acceptable for customers.
- Maintain reports on fabrics and programs making proactive judgments to wear test.
- Perform other activities to ensure product is commercially viable, meets performance standards and meets design intent for customers.
- Maintain relationships with chemical companies and testing labs to maintain fabric related awareness of technical trends, innovative fibres, new technologies and finishing techniques.
- Reviews test reports of fabrics and garments.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards to ensure compliance to safety standards while meeting brand aesthetic.
- Ensure accuracy on all development documentation for adopted fabrics, including but not limited to fabric technical sheets and test reports.
- Discusses any potential risks with internal teams and find acceptable solutions.
- Provides collaborative, solution oriented technical support to fabric teams, product development teams and customers.
- Provides technical support in the production process.
- Ensures factory meets product compliance guidelines.
Your skills required for the role are quite industry specific;
Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with various levels of management and employees internally as well as vendors.
Knowledge of garment wash techniques/ processes; and strong understanding of garment production systems.
Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to influence and gain desired outcomes
Strong technical skill and judgment to assess risk and provide proactive textile solutions.
Strong understanding of testing protocols and industry standards for independent lab tests and ability to make judgments and risk assessments based on those tests and fabric specifications.
Understand the product creation process and retail processes.
Understands manufacturing processes.
Excellent problem-solving skills and continual innovation ability.
3+ years of relevant experience in materials / garment development, quality.
Strong background in textiles with a focus on product and material quality assurance.
The company has a super reputation in the industry and their products are nationally recognised.
They offer a great salary and benefits as well as Christmas close and a lovely family feel to the site and employees.
I look forward to receiving your application to discuss the role further.
Thank you of taking the time to apply.