Working for a nationwide distributor of frozen foods and Ice creams, you will be responsible for managing a high level of service as well as the efficient running of a cold store warehouse.
Your primary goal will be to make sure all orders are correct and dispatched in a timely manor.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· Managing and motivating your team of supervisors.
· Staff recruitment and management through disciplinary, grievance and performance monitoring.
· Efficient management of stock through periodic stock takes, properly maintained records and stock rotation.
· Management of resource ensuring departments are covered for goods-in, picking and replenishment across shifts.
· Managing warehouse capacity to ensure optimum use of space.
· Health & Safety compliance.
· Warehouse performance reporting through KPIs.
· Continual review of operations to explore method improvement projects.
· Effective cost control of staffing and overheads.
Requirements for the role:
· Minimum of 5 years experience of warehousing and logistics, ideally within a cold-store environment (although this is not essential).
· RTITB or ITSSAR counterbalance and/or reach truck qualification.
· Recognised Health & Safety qualification would be beneficial.
· Proven man management experience.
· Excellent communicator
· Enthusiastic and motivated individual who thrives working in a fast paced and busy environment.
The company offers a wide rang of benefits including;
28 days holiday, company bonus scheme, child care vouchers and free on-site parking.
£35K + depending on experience.