Quality Control/ Laboratory Supervisor
Huntingdon area- Permanent
Salary £27000-£32000 DOE + excellent benefits package
Quality Control/ Laboratory Supervisor to be responsible for the day to day running of the quality control by assuring consistent quality of production, enforcing good manufacturing practices and processes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Quality plans and schedules carried out to prescribed deadlines and to required standard
- Assist in the co-ordination of production trials as required on specifications
- Collate quality control data on a weekly basis and implement improved response
- Co-ordinate complaints regarding specification
- Maintain the standard of Training required within the various quality control units
- Attend and contribute to the production meetings
- Online quality inspections and data gathering carried on in line with plans and schedules.
- Successful development of product, concepts and alternative raw materials through line trials for commercial gain.
- Understand and report on competitor products.
- Ensure customer complaints are investigated and findings reported to the relevant person.
- Ensure corrective and preventative measures are adopted following customer complaints.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed at all times.
- To liaise with Production Manager and maintain production quality through regular sampling
- Experience with PIR/polyurethane or PU foam processes or chemical back ground
- Continuous improvement mind set & Root cause analysis experience
- Understanding of quality and customers demands
- Understanding of internal line issues
- Raw material knowledge
- Knowledge of site health and safety
- Data logging and understanding
- Undertake and accept continuous development
- Knowledge sharing attitude
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office
- Report writing skills
- Attention to Detail
- Auditing skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience listed above then please send your CV to email@example.com