Role: Product Design Engineer
Salary: £45000 - £55000PA
Working hours: 38PW
Sector: Oil & Gas (3D CAD Modelling)
VISA Applicants welcome
Our client is highly respected in their industry for quality service and reliability with there product. They now seek a talented Product Design Engineer to complement the business within new project from concept to implementation. With increased order uptake in part generated by our highly successful research and development program, and accordingly require the skills of a highly experienced hands on conceptual/ product design engineer to rise to the challenges demanded by the oil and gas, subsea, steel manufacture and mining sectors. The position is for an innovative hands-on design creation role with low managerial responsibilities initially. Applicants must be primarily motivated by the creation of the ultimate design solution, supported initially by experienced engineers who will be able to offer guidance on specific product portfolio.
Building on your experience, creativity and enthusiasm for design, you will be contributing to the creation and development of a wide range of exciting innovative pressure equipment products and skid package designs as part of our multi-disciplinary teams. You will manage some of these projects and support team members. The successful applicant will demonstrate an appetite for challenge and be adaptable to the needs of the business and our customers to contribute to our further successful growth.
Key activities include:
· Lead and/or support multi-disciplined team meeting discussions, often including clients and external consultants to deliver the most suitable and expedient conceptual design solution.
· Create inventive, appropriate and practical technical concepts and assess their feasibility.
· Design and develop concepts into well-performing, safe, practical and economic reliable and robust solutions; modelling using 3D CAD.
· Detail and specify design for robust manufacture; preparing component and assembly drawings using CAD.
· Undertake site visits and surveys.
· Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with the company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
· Undertake design checks for other staff members and external designers.
· Provide advice, guidance and support on design and operational issues.
· Work within regulatory framework and established quality system.
· Communicate effectively and deliver high-quality work on-time.
· Assist with the development of graduate and junior engineers.
Were looking for a talented and dynamic individual with the broad design, communication and self- management qualities leading to innovative solutions and excellent client relations. Minimum requirements include:
· 1st or 2:1 Bachelor's degree in Product or Plant Design Engineering or equivalent mechanical bias qualification. Professionally qualified or working towards CEng.
· Proficient in 3D CAD modelling, preferably suing Solid Edge or similar package
· Experience designing either pressure equipment or industrial equipment
· Familiar with material mechanics and processes for machining and fabrication
· Engineering analysis including fit and tolerance calculation
· Appreciation of fluid mechanics
· Understanding of work within quality & regulatory frameworks
· Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
Please, call Adam Elsmore on 07740819391 for more details or emails your CV directly or just click apply!