An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project/Technical Co-ordinator to join a small team at a property development company based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. The ideal candidate will be encouraged to develop their skills and abilities with genuine potential for career progression to senior level.
Specialising in housebuilding on a varied scale, from small developments of exclusive homes to larger sites of multi-storey apartments, experience working within the private residential and affordable housing sectors would be advantageous.
This role is 95% office based with the occasional visit to site and clients meetings at the start of each project. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating the design elements of numerous projects at one time, liaising with various external organisations and being the key contact within the office who site can look to for assistance.
You must be experienced within house building and possess knowledge of processes from planning right through to handover and defects. You will be involved at every stage of a development and expected to liaise with various agencies throughout including (but not limited to) utility providers, local authorities, regulatory bodies, suppliers, contractors and the client.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· An understanding of the planning process including conditions and abilities to discharge them
· Detailed understanding of technical and regulatory requirements, including building control and warranty providers
· An adaptable nature as regulations and requirements change
· Project management skills
· Understanding of related disciplines including engineering, drainage, highways and utilities
· Excellent interpersonal skills, confident liaising at all levels and able to define clients needs and ensure these are met as the project evolves
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially competent using Excel for forecasting and managing project budgets. CAD knowledge would be a further advantage
· First class co-ordination skills supporting the Contracts Manager and escalating information to Management as required
· Solid communication and organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
The successful applicant must be charismatic and a strong team player able to use initiative and work autonomously, whilst demonstrating a willingness to learn. Formal qualifications are not necessary, but the suitable candidate must have experience within the construction sector.
Salary circa £40k depending upon experience with genuine career and progression opportunities. Immediate start available.
Please apply today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 412121 and ask to speak to Angela Bailey for a confidential chat.