Our client a family run Transport company based in Market Harborough have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to assist with the smooth and efficient day to day running of their Transport Office in order to ensure that routes depart and arrive as per the status boards and in line with customer expectations.
· Constant updating of systems with accurate and reliable data
· Monitor the daily operational plan highlighting delays and issues
· Ensure all office administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner
· Ensure departure/arrival/EU boards are kept up to date, highlighting all early and late departures to Operations Shift manager and colleagues
· Ensure trailer checks are published at the required times
· Any late runners/delivery must be escalated using appropriate chain of command this to include the Customer
· Monitoring the real time performance of drivers and the fleet, escalating any area of non-compliance.
· Escalating any areas on non-compliance or failure/vehicle breakdown quickly within the appropriate escalation route to reduce risk in financial penalties being taken
· To liaise daily with the planning department and Agency on driver availability
· Action as required all Unit/trailer defect report procedures
· Ensure equipment is readily available for service inspections "On Time"
· Interview Driver and prepared appropriate paper work for Collision Reporting
· Control, Monitor all on site shunt activities
The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills and be resilient by character. A basic knowledge of Road Traffic Legislation is preferred as well as sound knowledge of Drivers Hours Legislation. A good telephone manner and excellent communication skills are also desired skills. The successful candidate will need to be able to work under pressure/to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to work in order to provide cover for holiday and sickness. Ideally you will be a current CPC holder.