Materials Buyer - Housebuilder
My client are a leading Housebuilder that have a sustained and prestigious pipeline of work across East Anglia and the Home Counties. They are seeking an experienced Buyer to join a team of small team reporting to the Procurement Director.
· Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development.
· Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for both material & subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions, material order negotiation and placement, maintaining of tracking documents, maintenance of purchasing database, continuous assessment of suppliers and subcontractors to pre-agreed KPIs.
· Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome.
· Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
· Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Value engineering and cost saving initiatives.
· Chairing regular procurement reviews with Project Team.
· Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
· Comparison and analysing tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
· Involvement in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction and commercial team members.
· Contract preparation and issuing.
This is a great opportunity to join this professional and quality driven organisation. For more information and a confidential chat please contact Martin Lively on 07896 897730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org