M&E Commercial Manager - Northampton - Housing Division - Permanent
My client is a leading player in the Building Services market that provides a range of engineering design and installation services to the construction industry. They are a privately owned company that has an annual turnover in excess of £200m.
They are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to work in their Housing Division which is predominately private sale and social housing for several National House Builders. As the commercial Manager you will play a fundamental role supporting and developing the business through business development, estimating and supply chain management. They are looking for the candidate to have experience of the traditional house builder market with connections to continue developing the business.
This is an exciting opportunity with the scope to progress into a Commercial Directors position.
As a member of the Senior Management Team you will be sharing responsibility for the strategic management/direction of the company; in particular to liaise closely with the Managing Directors, Estimating and Operations Managers to agree financial targets and monitor delivery of margin objectives.
As the M&E Commercial Manager you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Business development - increasing presence in market with continued growth
· Bid strategy - supporting bid process, particularly identifying any significant risks
· Contractual - checking and negotiating customer contract orders and managing post-contract change
· Supply Chain - building relationships with customers and sub-contractors
· Projects - improving effectiveness of project team commercial performance
· Systems and reporting - implementation of company procedures and ensure reports produced are accurate
· Managing people - manage and improve overall performance
· Reporting - prepare timely management reports and budgets
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Already operating at Business Commercial Manager or Senior M&E QS level with at least 5 years experience making critical decisions.
· Either from Main Contracting or Building Services background
· Used to leading a team environment including clear direction and prioritisation
· Knowledge of wide range of M&E Building Services installations, systems and products
· Contractual and commercial understanding
· Strong commercial acumen and judgement
· MUST HAVE HOUSING EXPERIENCE
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on 01223 311735 or 07531183218 or firstname.lastname@example.org