My client based around the Huntingdon area is currently recruiting for a Technical Support Specialist to join their team on a full time permanent basis. There is an expectation for a certain amount of travel to take place to customer sites in order to support the companys partners, in order to resolve issues that are more complex.
To provide fantastic Customer Service and Technical Support to all our clients customers, including end users, distributors, sub-distributors and OEMs worldwide. Proactively working to both support and develop each customer's knowledge and capability to support the full range of the coding, marking equipment and laser.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Effectively respond to requests for technical support, either by phone, email, web chat or in person, in-line with department SLA's and KPI's.
· Maintain and expand the technical knowledgebase and related digital self-service tools to enable our clients customers to become technically self-reliant.
· Participate in product development/launch and improvement projects, completing customer related TTM actions.
· Build productive relationships with our clients partners, enabling them to successfully grow their business and to effectively support their customers by:
· Taking the lead during partner visits and/or conference calls, reviewing open quality issues, carrying out technical audits, visiting customer sites and identifying/delivering training/coaching as required.
· Working with partners to understand their technical and customer service capabilities and implement action plans to improve standards and promote best practice.
· Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of our clients and the Technical Support department.
· Continually develop your personal technical competence to support all our clients' products and technologies.
The successful candidate will have:
· Demonstrable experience of technical support within a Customer Support/Service environment
· A background in engineering and an understanding of engineering principles (electrical and/or mechanical); this could have been gathered through education or work experience.
· Ability to think logically and to proactively troubleshoot technical problems
· Clear communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· The ability to work under pressure
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Willingness to travel (as required)
· Willingness to continually learn and develop
· Customer Service drive and focus with proactive approach
· Experience working with international companies
· Competence in one or more languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese etc
) is advantageous
Driving Licence and passport
Hours: Due to the nature of the role, a shift pattern is in place comprising of a 4-week rotation as follows:
Week 1 - 06.30 - 15.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 2 - 08.30 - 17.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 3 - 08.30 - 17.00 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
Week 4 - 10.00 - 18.30 (one hour unpaid lunch break)
There is also a requirement to work bank holidays, (approximately 2 per year) and a day off in lieu will be given for each bank holiday worked.
If you have the skills and experience listed above and you can work the days/hours required please apply by sending your CV to Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org