My client based around the Huntingdon area is currently looking to recruit a proactive and results driven Category Manager to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
· Maintain and develop product ranges to exploit and increase sales opportunities. Identify new products, balancing the range and considering crop / germination failures and consumer trends to maximise sales opportunities.
· Attend trials and develop strong relationships with a broad range of suppliers to secure exclusive varieties, weekly deal products and secure other new opportunities.
· Negotiate with suppliers to ensure we receive the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, challenging existing pricing and suggesting ways to reduce.
· Undertake competitor reviews across product ranges in terms of quality and pricing, providing solutions to any anomalies identified.
· Work with the Product Controller and Product marketing assistant to manage category margins, suggesting and agreeing offers to obtain a balance between compelling customer offers, good value for money and margins.
· Work with the product controller to agree initial product forecasts. Ensure that expected growth in Company sales, promotional overlays, product exposure, product availability and changes in consumer trends are all taken into consideration.
· Ensure marketing material provides accurate and appropriate features and benefits for your product categories to maximise their sales potential. Work with the marketing teams to ensure products are sent out with the best possible information, which is clear and straightforward for the customer to follow, highlighting common problems and how to overcome.
· Using seasonal category reviews prepared in conjunction with the product controller, formulate plans for improvement in the following season. To include identifying opportunities for category range expansion, changes to product due to quality / availability and possible new ranges to be introduced as identified from trends or gaps in our existing ranges.
· Regular liaison with product controller and marketing assistants on product forecasts, initial orders and current availability throughout the season, taking the lead on growing times and product quality, to agree on plan of action for short stocks, long stocks and sell through activity to maximise the Companys sales stream with quality products, with specific responsibility to extend the season.
· Prepare the weekly, monthly and quarterly production plan for your ranges working with the operations manager to maximise visibility, advising of any significant changes and supporting co-ordination for the despatch of the goods.
· Set quality standards and spec sheets for all products, agree specs with suppliers and monitor quality standards throughout each season, addressing concerns and customer queries as necessary.
· Work with Product controller and marketing team to ensure that items sold as part of a collection are correctly identified for forecasting and that BOMs are correctly.
· Provide technical support on your product ranges to all relevant teams.
· Horticulturally trained or significant experience of working with your relevant product ranges with a flare and passion for gardening
· Commercially aware, able to understand and influence the wider implications of proposed actions, how to achieve he best return on investment for your time as well as the ability to act quickly
· Strong negotiator to drive purchase prices and product quality
· Experience of bringing new products to market and working with appropriate product ranges including understanding the growing seasons and its impact on products and customer success.
· Experience of organising and prioritising a demanding workload with proven ability to deliver to agreed deadlines
· Proven experience in making commercially sound decisions
If you have the skills and experience listed above please send your CV to Kerry.email@example.com