Senior Cloud Engineer (Google)
Our client, one of the UKs leading and fastest growing cloud technology providers are looking to expand their team with an experienced Google Cloud Platform Engineer. You will be leading the way in cloud technology using your skills for a variety of undertakings at the pre-sales stage, assessing and understanding customers technical requirements (concept stage) to full design, implementation, build and support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understanding and converting customer requirements from initial engagement of a project to implementation.
· Building infrastructure as code in a re-usable and repeatable manner allowing the team to streamline future projects.
· Automation of application configuration and deployment using configuration management tools.
· Utilise industry recognised open source tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Docker.
· Assess new tooling as it becomes available and make recommendations on potential use within customer projects.
· Creating automated testing scenarios for customer applications and deployments.
· Building internal tooling as required.
· Excellent knowledge of GNU/Linux.
· Good experience working with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services at scale.
· Strong working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef.
· Good knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably Python or Ruby.
· An understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
· A track record of building infrastructure as code with Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
· Experience working in high traffic web environments and continuous integration / associated technologies.
· Knowledge of container based technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker.
· Knowledge of a version control system, preferably Git.
In return they offer excellent company benefits including flexible holidays, pension, private healthcare, games room, discounted gym membership and a very competitive salary in a relaxed working environment.
If you are a dynamic individual looking for a new challenge then please send your CV to email@example.com and I will then give you a call to discuss in more detail.