Design Engineer, Northampton
Up to £50,000 DOE plus excellent benefits package
Monday - Friday 0800 - 1700 (extra hours when required, occassional overseas travel
We are currently seeking a talented Design Engineer who has experience in the design of new products with a heavy electronic influence. You would be communicating with OEM's across the globe as a focal point of contact, working within the cross-functional R&D team to design new products for market.
- Be responsible for electronics design of new products, from design brief to product in the warehouse, following existing processes.
- Generate product schematics from a given product design brief.
- Produce PCB layouts from schematics, with respect to international EMC and safety standards.
- Produce engineering documentation for designs and approve engineering documentation and component selections/requirements.
- Update the R&D team daily and provide written reports as and when required.
- To act as a Project Manager on projects as and when required in order to maximise design efficiency.
- Attend and lead engineering project meetings.
- Occassional travel to OEM's in the Far East if required.
- Experience communicating with OEM's.
- Minimum 3 years' commercial design experience.
- Experience in designing audio hardware products.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficient in the use of software packages for designing schematic diagrams and PCB's.
- A structured engineering approach.
- A degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Excellent written, verbal, numerical and analytical skills.
To apply for this role please click below.
We look forward to hearing from you.