Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 (+£4,000 car allowance)
Our Corby based client has a great opportunity for an Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the engineering projects and operational activity of the Mechanical team on a day to day basis to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. This position is a key role in the training and development of other team members.
The role will include detailed designer and the coordination of mechanical solutions including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant Layouts.
· Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to clients requirements, fees and timescales etc.
· Maintain existing client relationships and secure repeat business.
· Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
· Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
· Attend design team meetings.
· Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
· Arrange project review meetings, advise Directors on progress and assign jobs/tasks to your team members.
· Brief the team in regards to projects including the client, scopes of works, costs, timescales etc.
· Manage and take responsibility for the more Junior/Intermediate team members.
· Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
· Check QA on all design/project work to ensure compliance.
· Encourage engineers to continuously develop their knowledge.
· Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
· Represent M&E at Technicians meetings.
· Produce design sketches.
· Develop the design through all stages of the project - from planning to completion.
· Coordinate architecturally, structurally and mechanically.
· Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
· Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
· Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
· Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
· Understand RIBA stages.
· Understand efficiency/sustainability.
· Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
· IT literate - ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Hevacomp and 3D Naviswork.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of IES Thermal Modelling software.
· Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
· Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
· Chartered membership status (desirable)
· Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
· Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
· Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
· Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
· Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
· Well organised individual who has past experience of leading a team.
· Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
If you have the relevant skills and experience then we would love to hear from you today.
Telephone: 01536 412 121 (Ask for Angela Bailey)